Thursday 3 January 2013

Goals for 2013

Well, it's that time of year where we all have great intentions of setting our new resolutions, goals,etc.  I'm no different.  I have my goals all planned out, but to help me keep on track I have incorporated a few techniques that help me stay focused, which for anyone who knows me, isn't always easy.  I've made a few suggestions below and hopefully you will find that they help you out.

1. Make a list of your goals for the year. Try to keep them to no more than 10 goals.

2. Categorize your goals, eg. Health, Finance, Exercise, etc.

3. In your categories, explain your strategy in how you will fulfill the goal ....set up steps on how you plan to obtain the goal.

4. Set a date by when you wish to have this goal reached

5. (optional) - make yourself a Vision Board (collage) of  how your achieved goals will look like...this is something that is visually inspiring and you should place it somewhere where you will see it daily, to motivate you in keeping on track

I am happy to share my goals for 2013, which are as follows:

FINANCIAL
1. Reduce financial debt by 33% by end of the year
2. Only purchase shoes/clothes/beauty products - 3 months of the year....choose when - limit shopping sprees.
3. Increase savings by 25%

HEALTH AND EMOTIONAL WELL BEING
1. Exercise and start yoga - 2 times per week for the first quarter of the year. Increase to 3 times per week during the second and third quarter of the year and 4 times per week during the 4th quarter of the year.
2. Lose 1/4 of the weight that I wish to loose by the end of each quarter of the year.
3. Have something posititve to say about others, even when they are not nice.
4. Spend more time with family and friends. Make sure to spend time with a friend each month.
5. Eat whole/fresh foods...reduce the amound of processed foods.
6. Go on a Carribbean Vacation for 1 week and not think about work
7. Declutter computer room, closets - organize these areas - by second half of the year

FINISH MY OUTSTANDING TASKS
1. Finish Kitchen Renos by the first quarter of the year.
2. Get new tires for the car by the first quarter of the year.

** KEEP IN MIND, THAT THINGS CAN CHANGE THROUGH THE COURSE OF THE YEAR.  Feel free to add new goals or alter goals as you go.  Perhaps you want to increase your exercise to 4 times a week, but originally you wanted only 2 times per week....small changes can help you attain your goals.  Don't be too restrictive or unrealistic with your goals, as I have found that when I set my goals too big or restrictive, I fail and get discouraged.  This is all about small steps to achieving what you want in 2013!

MARIA'S 2013 VISION BOARD
I have a photo of what my Vision Board for 2013 looks like for you to have an idea of the concept.

January 13, 2013 - just finished my vision board collage....see photos below: -- have fun with it!









Let me know if you did a Vision Board, would love to see how yours turned out!



1 comment:

  1. I started Yoga too for 2013. If you have a chance you can come with me one night(free) to try my Yoga studio (Thorold) and maybe one night I can come try yours. Let me know......
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete